As a member of Watchup, you will join a growing team of talented software engineers who are passionate about working with the lastest technologies to build world class products. We are proud of our modern technology stack and methodology which includes RESTful APIs, Node.js, MongoDB, Continuous integration (CI), Gitflow, 24/7 cloud infrastructure, test-driven development + automation.
Our ideal candidates are fearless developers who have worked with various technologies in the past and are interested in expanding their knowledge.
– 2+ years of Android development.
– Solid Computer Science fundamentals
– Working familiarity with Git and Git-flow
– Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
– Excellent Java-programming skills and solid knowledge of core Java.
– Knowledgeable about REST communications, HTTP transports, and JSON serializing
– UX experience and a proven care for good UI design.
– Familiar with “hybrid” apps: (native app with embedded web views).
About the offer
Based in Cluj, Romania where Watchup is continuing to build and grow a community of developers.
This is your opportunity to join a growing team of talented developers who are leading the charge to help reinvent news watching on a variety of platforms.
If you wish to be considered for these opportunities, kindly send your resume to jobs [at] watchup [dot] com. Please include a link to your github profile and any other previous work from which you are especially proud.
Compensation includes salary according to experience and unlimited Italian espresso. Relocation package offered.
Watchup is a Stanford startup reinventing news watching with a personalized newscast experience.
Named one of the best apps of 2014 on Google Play and featured by Apple in the News category, Watchup partners with The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and other top news organizations. The company received seed stage investment from the Stanford/StartX Fund, Microsoft Ventures and Knight Foundation.